Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Any excuse for flowers

A week or so ago on International Women's Day, my students brought me beautiful bouquets of flowers. Apparently Vietnamese students love any excuse to give flowers to their teachers; this is the fourth time I have been showered with flowers.

In my morning class, I received a bouquet from the boys and all the girls were given one long-stemmed red rose. Then each of the boys stood up and said one nice comment about each of the girls. Very sweet. I should add that there was no prompting - the boys did this all on their own.

In one of my other classes, the boys asked me if they could have a hour or so of class time...they also gave us flowers, then they played a game where the girls had to guess various animals based on clues. At the end of the game the boys gave each of the girls a stuffed animal to correspond to the animal they had correctly guessed. Again, no prompting, all on their own.

I was awarded a squirrel and a monkey.

O.

2 comments:

Shem the Wrench said...

well, what else would you be rewarded with??

Teresa said...

I wish we had many of things that come naturally to the Vietnamese culture!