Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Art Attack 2.

I've been thinking about selling some of the photos I've been taking. There are certainly some I would pay money for, so I'm assuming that others might feel the same. So as I've been pondering this, I've also been playing around with the new Photoshop and experimenting with some of the filters. One that I really like is the watercolor filter. Here are some of the results. What do you think? (All images can be embiggened by clicking.)
I'm also thinking of framing them in tandem with the original image.


P.

4 comments:

John said...

On some of them I like the original better. Others the filter looks better. Over all, awesome.

Steve said...

Peter, I am not normally a big fan of Photoshop artistic filters but several of these are striking. More than several, actually.

What would you print them on? May I suggest Hahnemühle Fine Art paper - a nice German company that, from their official history, seemed to have disappeared from 1937 to 1946. Anytime you want to trade prints, I am on.

Ophelia and Peter said...

Thanks, Steve. I agree that most of the Photoshop filters don't work that well, except for a few specific effects. The watercolor filter I like, but it really only works well on certain types of images. Fun to play with, though, and sometimes you get something that is quite lovely. I also agree that the paper will make a huge difference. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm definitely on for swapping prints once I find a good print source here.
P.

Shem the Wrench said...

I do think that some of them would look really cool framed alongside the original. Some of them (like the water one especially) I want to see the original! Awesome shots. See? Idaho is gorgeous!