Monday, December 17, 2012

Comparative Theology.

Yesterday, we took Luciya and Mirabel to the Center for Spiritual Living in Boise for the Sunday service.

On our way the the center, Luciya pointed out a Mormon temple and opined that would be more convenient if we went there since it was closer to our house.

We agreed that it would be more convenient, but O remarked that she wouldn't want to go to that church.

"Why?" asked L.

O thought hard. "Well, I don't agree with some of the things they believe in."

"Like what?"

O thought harder. "Well, mostly grown-up things."

L. contemplated this for a bit. "I think it's because Rev. Jackie (minister at CSL who L. adores) always says nice things."

We agreed that that was true.

L. thought a bit more. "For example, she would never say something like 'Everyone poop in their seats right now.'"

We agreed that Rev. Jackie was unlikely to say something like that.

But who knows about the Mormons.

P.

6 comments:

Al Christensen said...

I can speak from experience that Mormons would never be told to poop in their seats. Mormons don't poop. It's not righteous.

And I can also speak from experience that you don't want to go to a Mormon temple unless you're into modified Masonic rituals and ugly costumes.

Ophelia and Peter said...

Thanks for clearing up this important theological point, Al. I guess I could go along with the modified Masonic rituals and all, but I draw the line at pooping in my seat.
P.

Steve said...

Part of the problem is that it IS very hard to poop in your seat while sitting in it.

Eileen said...

Luciya might have an opinion on a way to get around that problem Steve!

Brian McNally said...

This is the reason Mormons wear special spiritual underwear.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_Mormons_wear_special_underwears

I am sure pooping in your seats was a small oversight by the good people at Wikipedia for one reason why they wear this.

Uncle Linty said...

It IS possible to poo and pee while sitting down. Please don't ask me how I know this.

Further, I have been a Maason for more than 25 years and am unaware of anny connection between Masons and Mormons.