Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Cross-Country Road Trip! Day 54-55, Mile 8135: The Pleasures of Pleasureville!

Brothers!!  Oh my, another reunion!  Jesse is 4 years older than I and we had not seen each other in 25 years!!!!!  The reason hardly matters now, what does matter is that we are reunited and quite happy to be so.  This is my brother, Jesse and his lovely wife, Millie.


Brother sister love!  Or maybe he was just thankful I was the one doing dishes.


Jesse and Millie were excellent hosts. From their home just outside the tiny village of Pleasureville, Jesse drove us all over the beautiful hills and valleys of Kentucky, with a special side trip to the state capitol in Frankfort.
 

It's a majestic building.


And a reminder that those with money and power always do well for themselves.


Jesse and Millie's home sits on five acres of wooded hills, home to deer, feral pigs, and poison ivy vines five inches thick. 


It's a beautiful spot in a beautiful part of the world.


It was a lovely visit with much healing and laughter.


O. and P.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I'm glad to read that you are having a good time, I was getting worried.