Monday, August 30, 2010

61 in Hanoi. 62 in Boise.

I turned 61 in Hanoi, now I've turned 62 in Boise. Not at all where I thought I'd be a year ago, but that's the adventure of being alive these days. We hope to be in Boise when I turn 63, but who knows?

John and Emily treated me to a birthday lunch at a sweet restaurant
on the Boise River.

For dinner, O. and I had dinner at the Stagecoach Inn, a Boise institution since 1959. It was exactly what I was looking for--a real old-time Idaho steakhouse with huge martinis, perfectly grilled steaks, baked potatoes with sour cream and chives, iceberg lettuce salad with horseradish-inflected thousand-island dressing, and some of the best onion rings ever. I had a prime rib end cut that was big enough for dinner plus three lunches. A birthday gift that kept giving.

P.

1 comment:

Footloose Worldwide said...

Happy Belated Birthday Peter.

Who knows where you will be next year, but living life as large as you have been you could be working in Paris for #63!