Tuesday, April 13, 2010

...I'm only sleeping

The lunch nap is not to be interferred with. (yes, it's ok to end a sentence with a preposition - see grammargirl.com).

I was supposed to arrive at a new corporate client this afternoon. Not knowing how long the taxi ride would take I, of course, left a few minutes early. Arrived at my destination 10 minutes ahead of time.

At first I thought maybe I had misunderstood the start date; all the lights were off and the place looked closed. As I was standing there contemplating my next move, I noticed two people sneak up to the front door and very carefully let themselves in...so I followed them.

The place was definitely dark and as my eyes adjusted I begin to make out shadowy shapes of people on the floor and on top of desks. Then it dawned on me: it was still nap time. So I waited in a darkened reception room until 1:30pm when all the lights came on, people stretched and yawned and got up to face the afternoon.

Business as usual.

O.

3 comments:

Al said...

Hurray for naps!

Steve said...

Hurray for ending a sentence with a preposition.

Anonymous said...

We should have tried that.