Sunday, July 18, 2010

Return to (Sur)reality.

Well, we're back in California, and I've recovered from a particularly intense bout of Kim Jong-il's revenge I picked up during our stay-over in Seoul. I'm better, but I just found out that my Macbook will take yet another week to fix, so all the pictures of the rest of our farewell tour of Vietnam are still unavailable. Oh,well, if we learned anything from our time in Vietnam it was the value of patience.

Our re-entry into American life has been disturbingly smooth. Everything about life here is so familiar and unchanged that the whole of the past year seems to have completely disappeared, leaving only a series of very vivid memories, like flashes from a particularly intense dream. It truly feels as if we'd never left, except that our two granddaughters have grown tremendously. Very surreal.

P.

1 comment:

bisquiat said...

And here all this time I thought it was a dream *I* was having. Whew! Inception, indeed. Welcome home, you crazy kids.