Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friday Night With The Reverend.

Last night, John and I went to see one of our favorite bands: Reverend Horton Heat. The Rev. plays rockabilly with a punk edge. Great stuff. We discovered him when we were living in San Francisco and he was playing small clubs like Club Deluxe on Haight St.

The Knitting Factory is a great small venue for bands.

First up was another of John's favorites: Nashville Pussy. Loud, fast rock n' roll.

The female bassist and lead guitarist were particularly good.

If I had a band, this is the kind of opening act I'd want. They really got the crowd stirred up.

Then the Rev. came on. He announced that the band was celebrating its 25th year of playing
together. They were awesome. The Rev. gets an excellent old-time twang out of his
 hollow-body electric guitar. Note his cool flame pant legs.

They played a solid hour-and-a-half of their greatest hits, ending with two of my favorites:
400 Bucks and Big Red Rocket of Love.

My ears are still ringing.

P.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I do miss you guys. Your love of life most.