Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas is coming!

As good Americans, we know that the Christmas season officially begins the week of Thanksgiving, though of course Real Americans start the week after Halloween. In Hanoi, the signs of the season are limited, but they are here. At Big C supermarket, dozens of Vietnamese were crowding around the cheesy Christmas display to have their pictures taken. And there are a plethora of gifts:

Hello Kitty Angel phone!

Hello Kitty shoe phone!

Freedom Fry phone!

Pleasant Goat inflatable party wands!

Best of all, Pleasant Goat slippers!!

God bless us, every one!

P.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought my life was complete - I thought I was truly happy - but now I realize what a hollow shell my life has been without the deep fulfillment and transcendent joy that would come with a pair of Pleasant Goat slippers :)