Sunday, July 17, 2011

4th Of July In Montana, Part 5. Rocket's Red Glare.

On the evening of the 4th, we drove to Polson and found a spot on a grassy knoll overlooking Flathead Lake.

 The sun set at about 9:45. The show was scheduled to begin at 10, but by 10:15 
it was still pretty light and no fireworks were in evidence, other than 
a few amateur efforts from both sides of the lake.
 I was looking forward to taking a few shots of the show because I'd noticed that 
my camera had a fireworks setting, and I was interested to see what results it would produce. 
I used it to take this picture of the bridge. I found it took a short time exposure 
that might work well if I had a tripod, but not so much with handheld shots. Still, I was 
intrigued by the idea that I might be able to come up with some interesting abstracts 
once I was able to crop and process the raw shots.

 I think you'll see that that was the case.
Click on the pictures to get the full effect.


 P.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Great, Peter. It makes me wish I had seen some fireworks this year.