Saturday, August 1, 2009

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Only five more days before we leave for Hanoi.  Emotionally all over the place.  Happy, sad, nervous, bitchy.  Can you think of an emotion?  I'm there.

Still, quite excited to begin this new chapter.  We have four ( count 'em four) solid interviews lined up in our first week.  A few of these schools we've interviewed with via Skype.  Most want to hire us now but we want to hold off until we see the school and meet with the owners. 

We are particularly interested in one of the schools because they are offering English lessons to under-privileged, low-income teenagers.  We support the premise and are looking forward to touring the school and learning more.

I've never thought of us as not humble but already I am feeling a deepened sense of humility and gratitude.

This is going to be an eventful ride on different levels.  

O.

5 comments:

Al Christensen said...

So, does the first English lesson consist of apologizing for what a messed up language it it?

Al Christensen said...

And for how we make stupid typing mistakes?

Unknown said...

Good Lord! If it's not one thing with you people it's another. This is the first I'm hearing of your new adventure and I'm so jealous! Jim and I have been talking a lot about living in China for some period of time after the kids move out. I'll look forward to reading along as your life there unfolds. Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! Try to sleep through the first part of your journey, remember to be kind to Peter and you will be fine:) I love you, and will miss you dearly. Look forward to hearing about life on the other side of the world. V

Al Christensen said...

The rooms might be clean and comfortable, but their "art" would drive me nuts.

Bon voyage, y'all.