Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ophelia Becoming a Cat Once More.

When I first met Ophelia, she was a cat. That is, I had a beloved cat growing up named Ophelia, so when I met O. I knew we were meant for each other. Well, O. has for years had a chronic pain in her right shoulder. She has tried many different treatments for it, but few have provided more than transitory relief. Lately the pain has gotten worse, so she went to a local acupuncture doctor to see what she could do. The doctor recommended an exotic treatment: she inserted 15-20 minute pieces of cat gut into various acupuncture points. This is supposed to attract chi to those points as the body attempts to expel the foreign material, promoting healing. We will see. But in the meantime, I've got my cat back. Meow.

P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to read that Ophelia is going Kurtz. Merry Christmas. I miss you guys.

Steveuperasa